What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) empowers people with disabilities to have a greater choice and control over services that will improve their quality of life.
RIDBC and the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new way of providing support to people with disabilities, their families and carers. The focus of the NDIS is to give you choice and control over your disability support. This is provided through individualised funding to assist you to achieve your goals.
We can support you to access the NDIS and ensure you receive a suitable funding package for the level of support and services you need.
Through a series of consultative meetings with you, RIDBC will:
- Provide information about our services
- Help you document your short and long term goals for yourself, or your child
- Help you think towards needs and supports you might need in the future
- Assist you to have an initial plan to take to your NDIA planner meeting
- Once you have an NDIS funding package allocated to you, we will discuss specific service delivery, the fee structure, and the ongoing review process.
How do you get started?
- Go to the My Access Checklist on the NDIS website to help work out if you can access the NDIS
- Contact NDIS and get an Access Request Form
- Contact RIDBC to get specialist advice on hearing and/or vision loss
NDIS contact details
For people with hearing or speech loss
TTY 1800 555 677*
Speak and listen 1800 555 727*
For people who need help with English TIS 131 450
For any other questions, call us on 1300 581 391 or speak to your RIDBC consultant at your next visit to us.